Professional Water Damage Restoration
When your home or workplace suffers water damage, whether it is in the form of a burst water pipe, excessive rainwater, discharge from water sprinklers due to a fire, or any other number of possible causes, it is crucial to address the situation with swift and effective water damage mitigation. Disaster Restoration Singapore (DRS) has been providing water damage restoration services for over 35 years. We have the knowledge and expertise to implement a quick emergency recovery plan to minimize losses to the property.
Water damage is much more than just the observable excess water; it also includes water intrusion in porous building materials and contents within the indoor environment. If left untreated, it can lead to compounding problems such as mold growth and odour issues – which can be destructive to the building structure and pose numerous health risks.
In a disaster, a water damage mitigation plan should be implemented within the first 24-48 hours to minimize potential short-term and long-term adverse effects on the property.
What does a Water Damage Recovery Service Include?
As part of a water damage restoration solution, DRS’s recovery process for any property will include the following evaluation:
- The Severity of the Property Damage
- The Degree of Water Intrusion & Contamination
- Restoration Costs vs Replacement Costs
Once the above has been assessed, an appropriate plan of action is taken to dry and clean the damaged property. When it comes to water damage, there is no such thing as a quick fix, regardless of what some Contractors in Singapore may claim. Water extraction and drying with the assistance of air blowers can undoubtedly give the impression that the environment is dry. Still, there is the risk of residual moisture unseen to the eye.
There is a science behind proper water damage recovery and it relies on specialised drying equipment, moisture detectors, and years of experience to understand how to approach structural and content drying to achieve optimal standards. DRS adheres to the procedures outlined in the IICRC S500 Standards to ensure full recovery of your property.
DRS’s water damage restoration process includes:
- Site Evaluation – Our assessment gives us a better understanding of the extent of damage as well as the type of water we are dealing with – 3 main categories of water which have 3 different levels of contamination
- Extraction of Water & Moisture Removal – Once the source is eliminated, all standing water needs to be extracted, followed by evaporation of excess moisture in the environment.
- Drying – With the use of blowers and dehumidifiers, building materials & structures, including all salvageable contents, must be thoroughly dried.
- Anti-Microbial Application – Restored surfaces are treated with an anti-microbial solution to prevent the occurrence of fungi and mold
- Odor Removal – Consistent with places affected by water damage, there is a need to neutralise lingering odours.
- Restorative Cleaning – Most soft furnishings such as carpets & upholstery can be restored to their pre-loss conditions if swift action is taken. This is the same for hard floors like marble or parquet flooring.
Specialised Dehumidifiers & Drying Equipment
While quick drying and water extraction are integral to a successful water damage restoration, addressing any moisture intrusion is equally important to prevent further structural damage. The use of state-of-the-art dehumidifiers produces drying levels that ensure no indoor environmental problems such as bacteria and mold contamination. Having such advanced industrial equipment is a start. Still, you also need a fully trained and skilled water damage restoration team to have the know-how to guarantee complete removal of water and moisture from the property.
Flood Damage Cleanup
Fast recovery and cleanup is essential in the unfortunate event of a flood damage. The sooner your premises are returned to their pre-flood conditions, the lesser the disruptions to your daily life or business.
Using state-of-the-art techniques and equipment, Lumiair can remove excess water and dry your premises swiftly with the use of our custom engineered upholstery carpet extraction and moisture extraction. Having one of the largest inventories of state-of-the-art de-flooding equipment and in-depth experience, Lumiair can respond to any flood incident swiftly to remove excess water and dry the premises. As a comprehensive restoration company, we can handle the entire project from end to end, including structural repair, decontamination, deodorizing, final cleanup and IAQ testing to ensure the premises are safe and clean.
The Moisture You Can’t See Matters Most
When cleaning and restoring a property after flood damage, undetected moisture is a big problem. Excessive moisture on affected surfaces will lead to decay and deterioration of affected building materials, components and decorative finishes. Unattended moisture can also encourage mould and bacteria to grow and thrive in the premises.
Lumiair offers a comprehensive suite of water damage mitigation services, including:
- Flood extraction and moisture removal from hard surfaces such as concrete, wood and soft furnishings like carpets, fabrics, and upholstery.
- Drying and dehumidification using the industrial dehumidifiers.
- Deployment of powerful blowers.
- Document drying and recovery services.
- Removal of odour caused by mould and bacterial infestation.
- Mould remediation and treatment of antimicrobials on affected surfaces.
- Air Scrubbing to remove bacteria, mould and virus.